Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite



Ok this movie didn't really move me...though we could say it was about skills (bo staff, computer hacking, etc) and inspiring one another (Uncle Rico inspiring Kip to go to work). This movie is just pure comedy...

Truth is I've been watching some movies but they haven't quite moved me. I'm going to have to go back to some movies that I was watching before I started this blog (ie Count of Monte Cristo).

Until then how about your favorite scene and/or quote from the wonderful movie Napoleon Dynamite? Mine are too numerous to count...let's have lunch you'll get at least 10 out of me in that timespan. But here are the ones that come to mind:

Uncle Rico: I wish you wouldn't look at me like that Napoleon.
Napoleon: I wish you'd get out of my life and shut up!
Uncle Rico: While you and your friend Pedro were playing patty cake I made 150 bucks.
Napoleon: Oh yeah, I could make that it about 2 minutes.
Kip: Yeah right Napoleon I made $75.
Uncle Rico: So, since you don't seem to have a job Napoleon why don't you go feed Tina.
Napoleon: Why don't you eat a piece of decroded crap!
-I'm not sure why I like this scene but I'm sure years of counseling could reveal it.

"Follow your heart, that's what I do." - Napoleon to Pedro

"I don't know build her a cake or something." - Pedro on asking Summer to the dance

"I can't get this algae (sound the g not j) off my leer." - Napoleon on the extra features on the DVD...for some reason Bryan doesn't have any special features on his DVD...hmmmm

Please comment on your favorite scene/quote from the movie...you can do that by clicking on the Comment thingy at the bottom of this thingy...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Patrick, i am deeply trouble by your opening heretical comment on this film, and I quote,
"Ok this movie didn't really move me"

how can you say this? how it this possible? does my PZ friend not know life? Oh, Patrick im concerned!

CoachZ said...

Ok, ok with SUCH pressure from outside forces and within my own soul I must RECANT...I repeat I RECANT!

Here's my MoveMe verse...I'd like to thank you Pastor Bryan for helping me see the error of my ways...I will never forget you nor your kindnessess (word?)

"He [God not Napoleon] will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

Seriously...sometimes I get WAY too serious...I know most of you that know me can't believe this...but it's true. This movie is just darn FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

patrick, patrick, patrick, shame shame...just because bryan is your pastor dosent mean you have to fold, recant, chickenout, patrick be a man and stand your ground...i love you bro, make me proud

CoachZ said...

speaking of being a man...anonymous? must I say more? haha

Anonymous said...

hey patrick...anons can be men and if i told you who i was you would be very sad...to cast dispersions like that...but i still love you even though you are just a bit misdirected..... :)oh and one more thing...i hear they are playing hockey as pro sport this year any truth to that :0