Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Friend Joe

This is my friend Joe. You can't see it real well, but he's holding a brown belt. At our Aikido dojo that's the level right before black belt. He was just promoted tonight.

Here's what I know about Joe. He's in his 60's, a war veteran, tough as nails ex-bar bouncer, he could probably kill you with his bare hands, and he's one of the kindest people I know. He decided a few years back to take Aikido because he didn't like the person he had become. The martial art is all about the art of self-defense through loving non-violent, non-resistent methods (aka no kicking, punching, jabbing fingers in your eyeballs kinda thing)

FYI this Dojo is run by a Christian Couple who daily share the Gospel with their students, through their lives, actions, as well as their words. Some have come to saving faith, but everyone IS loved!

I've been working at Full Circle Aikido for almost a year and a half and Joe has been there almost every time I have. I look forward to working with him, mainly because he's a real genuine tough guy and they are hard to find...even harder to hang out with.

So congratulations Joe! You deserve it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CoachZ said...

Hey Anonymous (gotta name?)
Question was borderline, so I'm deleting but would be happy to repost if you leave a name.