Tuesday, December 23, 2008

38 and still ticking

I read this passage this morning (my 38th birthday) from My Utmost for His Highest. I especially was moved by the last two sentences:


"That is why the bedrock of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus. We mistake the ecstasy of our first introduction into the Kingdom for the purpose of God in getting us there; His purpose in getting us there is that we may realize all that identification with Jesus Christ means."

A subtle and beautiful reminder from my Lord of whence I have come. Born again in 1989 and full of that personal, passionate devotion, I later slipped into a Christian malaise full of bitterness, criticalness, and sin. Only to be reawakened about 5 years ago to Jesus, precious Jesus.

The subtle and beautiful reminder is to continue on faithfully! I so want to do that...to be ever devoted to my King who will one day return a Conquering King, yet beloved by all who recognized what an amazing thing he did for us on the cross and out of the grave!

May he be my heart's devotion in 2009 and beyond! Amen...

3 comments:

Linda Z said...

Amen, honey!! May He keep you in His faithful care as you pursue Him with your life. I love you!

Sandy said...

I love that you started your birthday morning thinking about your devotion to Jesus. May you walk through each day of your life with Him. And if the enemy tries to discourage you, remind him to whom you belong!

CoachZ said...

Wow mom, I'd love for everyone reading your comment and this post to think I'm THAT disciplined, but it's not the case.

I do start my morning asking God conversationally (knowing he'll respond) what he wants me to do each morning. Whether I do it is a whole 'nother story!

Thanks for the encouragement...